Emergency plumbing have made our lives a lot easier by providing fast and convenient plumbing services at any time of the day or night. You can now request a plumbing emergency service around the clock on weekends and even public holidays.
One of the most surprising things about this type of services is that the services offered are always the same as the normal plumbing services provided during normal business hours. Most plumbing companies charge a small fee for emergency plumbing services to cover overtime plumbing technicians and other miscellaneous costs incurred outside of business hours.
But, it’s definitely worth the extra service fee as you get same-day plumbing services and avoid serious plumbing problems in your home. Plumbing companies usually post their emergency number on their website to make local service calls.
As we all know, there is no specific time or situation that plumbing emergencies occur. Hence, it would be best if you had a permanent solution when you encounter such a problem. With Fairfax Plumbing services, you can be sure of finding the perfect solution to many problems with just one click. With the best plumbing solutions available now, the job is much easier, less cumbersome, and hassle-free.
We are now going to look at some of the most common plumbing emergencies that a homeowner can experience.
The five most common plumbing emergencies
The toilet is overflowing
Whether your toilet is clogged or the float mechanism isn’t working properly, the first step is to stop the water flow. The water valve is located at the bottom of the water pipe on the toilet side and should be turned fully counterclockwise. Once the water stops flowing into the toilet, the mechanism’s clogging or failure can be cleared.
Clogging a toilet can be as simple as a solid vertical plunger. More severe obstructions may require a drill bit to remove debris blocking the flow of water. Once the blockage is cleared, reset the float mechanism and open the water valve.
Drain a clogged sink
The best way to avoid clogging the drain is to avoid getting grease, coffee, and other items down the drain. However, even the most cautious owner sometimes has to deal with this inconvenience. If using a plunger to remove material from the drain doesn’t work, a perforator (or “snake”) may be required. The auger is easy to use with a little practice and perseverance.
Pipes have burst
Sometimes, the cause of pipe bursts over the years is corrosion. If the pipe bursts, turn off the water supply immediately. If possible, remove furniture or other items to prevent further damage.
If the leak is flowing from the seal, first tighten the seal with a wrench. Keep in mind that tightening one joint may relax another joint. If water comes out of the hose or faucet, the rubber patch can correct the problem.
Sump pump issues
If the sump pump is not working properly, remove the strainer to ensure that debris does not obstruct the impeller’s movement. If the impeller is clean, the pump may not be receiving enough power, or it may have a defective float switch.
Don’t postpone plumbing repairs
Sometimes we’re too relaxed and don’t know the importance of getting repairs done on time. If you delay these repairs, you could end up spending a fortune on it. You need to make sure that any plumbing issues are fixed before it’s too late.
Fixing any plumbing issues promptly will save you a lot of extra money. If your water bill is too high, you can consult a licensed plumber to determine what the problem is.
Can I fix it myself?
If you have the knowledge and skill for fixing simple issues, like a leaky faucet or shower head, then why not. However, if it’s not done correctly, there is a risk of turning it into a bigger issue. It is advisable that you call a licensed plumber to fix any plumbing issues.
Why choose us?
We offer the best plumbing service in any residential or commercial areas. Our services are very reasonable and our plumbers are licensed. Thus, we only guarantee high-quality solutions for every repair and installation. Call us at (703) 570-6992 to find more information.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you might think it is impossible to contact a contractor who is willing to fix your plumbing. Fortunately, however, there is a way to contact these professionals even with the outbreak happening. Want to know how to get into contact with a contractor? In this article, we will be discussing what these professionals do as pre-cautions during COVID-19 and how to find a reliable plumber.
How To Contact A Plumber And How They React During COVID-19?
Believe it or not, you can still contact plumbers in Fairfax VA even during the current outbreak. However, before hiring a plumber, make sure you find a good plumber and make them answer these questions before getting a plumber to your house. These questions will keep you and the plumber safe from getting COVID:
- Finding a Plumbing Company: An important step in finding a plumber is getting an adequate plumbing company. Companies that are residential or commercial are a reliable option for finding a plumber.
- Make Sure You Hire a Professional Plumber: Having an experienced plumber is another important step before hiring one. If you get a plumber who is not licensed, they will make mistakes that will make your situation more costly and damaging.
- Check Reviews Of The Plumber: Don’t take the word of the plumber as they could lie to you. You want to make sure they are great at their jobs and are professionals. You can do this by looking for reviews of previous customers. The customer reviews will give you an insight if the plumber is good at their job or not.
- Ask The Plumber The Pre-cautions They Are Taking: Questions that you should ask the plumber are these to make sure they are keeping themselves and you safe: 1) Which sanitation procedures are they taking regarding their supplies or equipment 2) Does the plumber have gloves, sanitizing wipes, masks, and eye protection 3) When the plumber arrives at your house, what should you expect with hand-washing and 4) Can you pay the plumber over the phone rather by hand?
Once you find the right plumbing company or plumber to get the job done, here is what to expect when the plumber arrives at your house:
- Before the plumber arrives, it is advisable to wipe down the area that the plumber will be working at before he/she arrives.
- The plumber should be equipped with goggles, masks, protective wear, gloves, and booties already on. Along with the equipment, they will have disinfectant spray. This spray is to spray everything down before they begin doing the work and after when they finish the job.
- When you are with the plumber, make sure you keep your distance (about 6 feet) and it is preferred for you to wear a mask.
- Once the job is done, the plumber will spray the area down with disinfectant. For you to pay the plumber, you can simply do it over the phone rather than doing it by hand.
These precautions and regulations will benefit you as this will prevent you or the plumber from getting COVID-19 while also making sure the job gets done right.
Now that we told you what to do and expect when a plumber arrives, Doherty Plumbing offers plumbing services like installing or fixing faucets, toilets, drains, or the garbage disposal. We serve Chantilly, Herndon, Centreville, and Northern Virginia. Call us today for to get a quick quote!
- What to Do if a Pipe Bursts February 8, 2022
- How Can Commercial Buildings Reduce Water Usage? January 6, 2022
- 6 Ways to Prevent Pipes from Freezing This Winter December 8, 2021
- 7 Things You Should Keep in Mind When Hiring a Plumber November 18, 2021
- 3 Reasons to Install New Gas Piping October 27, 2021