How Plumbers Respond To The COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you might think it is impossible to contact a contractor who is willing to fix your plumbing. Fortunately, however, there is a way to contact these professionals even with the outbreak happening. Want to know how to get into contact with a contractor? In this article, we will be discussing what these professionals do as pre-cautions during COVID-19 and how to find a reliable plumber.
How To Contact A Plumber And How They React During COVID-19?
Believe it or not, you can still contact plumbers in Fairfax VA even during the current outbreak. However, before hiring a plumber, make sure you find a good plumber and make them answer these questions before getting a plumber to your house. These questions will keep you and the plumber safe from getting COVID:
- Finding a Plumbing Company: An important step in finding a plumber is getting an adequate plumbing company. Companies that are residential or commercial are a reliable option for finding a plumber.
- Make Sure You Hire a Professional Plumber: Having an experienced plumber is another important step before hiring one. If you get a plumber who is not licensed, they will make mistakes that will make your situation more costly and damaging.
- Check Reviews Of The Plumber: Don’t take the word of the plumber as they could lie to you. You want to make sure they are great at their jobs and are professionals. You can do this by looking for reviews of previous customers. The customer reviews will give you an insight if the plumber is good at their job or not.
- Ask The Plumber The Pre-cautions They Are Taking: Questions that you should ask the plumber are these to make sure they are keeping themselves and you safe: 1) Which sanitation procedures are they taking regarding their supplies or equipment 2) Does the plumber have gloves, sanitizing wipes, masks, and eye protection 3) When the plumber arrives at your house, what should you expect with hand-washing and 4) Can you pay the plumber over the phone rather by hand?
Once you find the right plumbing company or plumber to get the job done, here is what to expect when the plumber arrives at your house:
- Before the plumber arrives, it is advisable to wipe down the area that the plumber will be working at before he/she arrives.
- The plumber should be equipped with goggles, masks, protective wear, gloves, and booties already on. Along with the equipment, they will have disinfectant spray. This spray is to spray everything down before they begin doing the work and after when they finish the job.
- When you are with the plumber, make sure you keep your distance (about 6 feet) and it is preferred for you to wear a mask.
- Once the job is done, the plumber will spray the area down with disinfectant. For you to pay the plumber, you can simply do it over the phone rather than doing it by hand.
These precautions and regulations will benefit you as this will prevent you or the plumber from getting COVID-19 while also making sure the job gets done right.
Now that we told you what to do and expect when a plumber arrives, Doherty Plumbing offers plumbing services like installing or fixing faucets, toilets, drains, or the garbage disposal. We serve Chantilly, Herndon, Centreville, and Northern Virginia. Call us today for to get a quick quote!
- 8 Secrets to Becoming a Successful Plumber in Fairfax July 28, 2021
- How to Find a Local Commercial Plumber in Chantilly July 16, 2021
- Qualities of a Good Plumbing Company in Arlington June 30, 2021
- Common Plumbing Issues Found During A Home Inspection In Chantilly June 14, 2021
- 5 Common Health Concerns If You Have Plumbing Issues May 24, 2021