5 Tips On Water Conservation
Water is an important element for any house. We use water every day for drinking and cleaning. That is why a lot of individuals are conserving water. Why conserve water? Conserving water helps you in three ways which include:
- Having a lower utility bill
- Contributing to the environment by saving water
- Making water more drinkable and affordable for both humans and animals
With that being said, conserving water is key for protecting the Earth but also for you to save money. Want to know how to save on water? We will go over five tips on how to conserve water.
5 Tips On Conserving Water At Home:
For each tip, we will give you one tip for each appliance that uses water and how to conserve it:
- Take Shorter Showers and Showerhead: On average, an 8-minute shower takes about 12-64 gallons of water, though this depends on the type of showerhead you have. For showerheads, go with a low-flow showerhead. Low-flows lets you use less water (about 15 gallons!). For taking shorter showers, turn off the water when you are soaping up and then turning it back on when you are rinsing.
- Turning Off The Faucet When Washing Hands or Brushing Teeth: If you turn on the water before lathering up your hands with soap, you waste about 7.7 gallons of water. Simply lather your hands first before turning the water on to rinse. The same goes for brushing your teeth: running water before applying toothpaste waste 2.2 gallons of water. Make sure to apply toothpaste and then turn on the water.
- Upgrade Your Dishwasher and Washing Machines: Buying a dishwasher and a washing machine that conserve water is a great addition to your house. These types of machines are a little expensive, but it is good if you want to lessen up your utility bill.
- Installing A Water-Efficient Toilet: Like the dishwasher and washer machine, installing a high-efficiency toilet will save water. Flushing the toilet 5 times a day uses about 25 gallons of water.
- Water Your Plants Early In The Morning: By doing this, the water has less chance of evaporating because it is cooler in the morning.
If you follow these five tips, you will be able to save water and money at the same time. Other than these tips, it is also a good opportunity to talk to plumbing companies and how they can assist you in conserving water.
A Company That Will Help You Conserve Water:
Besides the five tips that we mentioned above, it is also important to spot leaks and to fix them. If you don’t catch these problems immediately, you will lose more water than save! This is where a plumbing company comes in. They can help you by:
- Acknowledging the problem and coming up with a solution
- Fixing the leak before it gets worse
With all of these tips, it is best to start Conserving water at your house today!
Doherty Plumbing “Quality Arlington Plumbing Inspection And Repairs For Residential and Commercial Facilities in Virginia”: One of the best companies in Virginia, Doherty Plumbing offers their services in Northern Virginia, Chantilly, Herndon, and Centreville. They do repairs for your sink, toilets, or garbage disposal.
- How to Deal With Low Water Pressure October 22, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Flush Food Down the Toilet October 13, 2020
- How to Fix a Leaking Garbage Disposal September 30, 2020
- 3 Common Causes of Water Damage September 25, 2020
- 5 Signs to Know When to Replace Your Water Heater September 15, 2020